Adirondack Great Camp Dinner
Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00PM – 8:00PM
Please note: Thursday's & Saturday's we host our new History of Adirondack Food Dinner events. Great Camp dinners are available on a limited basis.
Bonus: Top off the evening with an optional dessert sampler while you savor a spectacular mountain-lake sunset overlooking our Great Camp lawn and secluded beach.
Our staple dinner experience for over 50 years! Our Great Camp dinners are a forgotten Adirondack culinary experience where your table is our 25 acres. Begin your journey:
- In the Fireside Rathskeller with the Adirondacks only hand-crafted Beer & Wine Cellar
- Meander with glass-in-hand to our private beach on secluded Lake Clear and immerse in one of the world’s most spectacular mountain-lake sunsets!
- Wander back to the Lakeview Retreat Center or 1886 main lodge for dinner.
Three Generations of the Hohmeyer Family Invite You
Step back in time to a 100 mile product philosophy based on Chef Cathy’s family who built originally built the Lodge in 1886. We fuse this with the Old World traditions of Ernest’s European family who bought the Lodge over 50 years ago. Together, the Lodge is the oldest continuing operating lodge in the Adirondack Park. We honor traditional or real foods wellness cooking including:
- Fresh vegetable stocks
- Slow roasts
- Hand-cut meats
- Bone broths
- Natural herbs and spices
All prepared in a unique "culinary naturopathy" cuisine as one of only seven Audubon International Platinum Green Hotels.
Sample entrée choices may include (choices vary each evening):
- Our famous Schnitzels
- Adirondack Farm Grass-fed Beef Stroganoff
- Wild Caught Salmon
- Lodge Garden & Local Garden Vegetable Strudels
- Lodge Smoked Pork
Dinners include vegetable stock & bone broth soups, Chef Accompaniments (choices vary each evening) such as fresh Lodge garden and farm vegetables, red cabbage, ancient grains such as quinoa, spatzle or hand-grated potato pancakes.
- Nightly selection of appetizers such as the Best-of-the-Wursts
- Lodge prepared desserts from Marzipan to Adirondack Mountain Berry Pie to Strudels.
- 30 Minute Cooking Demo highlighting the "Common Roots: of a seasonal dish of one of the 5 Eras of Adirondack food. $20PP. Children under 10 free. Time: 5:00PM.
- 30 Minute History of Beer Workshop & Tasting. Each month the history theme changes. Sample 6 different craft beers from around the world! $20PP. Must be 21 with ID. Time: 5:30PM