Adirondack Great Camp Dinner
Our staple dinner experience for over 50 years! Our Great Camp dinners are a forgotten Adirondack culinary experience where your table is our 25 acres.
Create your own experience
- Begin your journey in one of the last of its kind: an original Adirondack lodge.
- Become inspired with an optional 30 minute Old World cooking demo or History of Beer Workshop.
- Explore a USA TODAY featured beer cellar.
- Warm in the fireside Rathskeller and, with glass in hand, meander to our 1886 hand-hewn dining room where a Farm-to-fork inspired Great Camp dinner fused with Old World flair awaits.
Three Generations of the Hohmeyer Family Invite You
Step back in time to a 100 mile product philosophy based on Chef Cathy's family who built originally built the Lodge in 1886. We fuse this with the Old World traditions of Ernest's European family who bought the Lodge over 50 years ago. Together, the Lodge is the oldest continuing operating lodge in the Adirondack Park. We honor traditional or real foods wellness cooking including:
- Fresh vegetable stocks
- Slow roasts
- Hand-cut meats
- Bone broths
- Natural herbs and spices
All prepared in a unique "culinary naturopathy" cuisine as one of only seven Audubon International Platinum Green Hotels.
Sample entrée choices may include (choices vary each evening):
- Our famous Schnitzels
- Adirondack Farm Grass-fed Beef Stroganoff
- Wild Caught Salmon
- Lodge Garden & Local Garden Vegetable Strudels
- Lodge Smoked Pork
Dinners include vegetable stock & bone broth soups, Chef Accompaniments (choices vary each evening) such as fresh Lodge garden and farm vegetables, red cabbage, ancient grains such as quinoa, spatzle or hand-grated potato pancakes.
Set price menu starting at $39 per person.
- Nightly selection of appetizers such as the Best-of-the-Wursts
- Lodge prepared desserts from Marzipan to Adirondack Mountain Berry Pie to Strudels.
- 30 Minute Cooking Demo highlighting the "Common Roots: of a seasonal dish of one of the 5 Eras of Adirondack food. $20PP. Children under 10 free. Time: 5:00PM.
- 30 Minute History of Beer Workshop & Tasting. Each month the history theme changes. Sample 6 different craft beers from around the world! $20PP. Must be 21 with ID. Time: 5:30PM